

UNA HISTORIA DE NUESTRAS PARROQUIAS
Este párrafo es un texto provisional. Probablemente podría contener un breve resumen de cómo y cuándo se produjo la unión de la parroquia, o cualquier otra cosa que pudiera relacionarse con ambas parroquias, como una descripción de la región o una lista de los párrocos anteriores.

SAN JOSÉ
1853

SAINT FRANCIS XAVIER
1956
The mission of St. Stephen, the Martyr was established in the Umpqua Valley. The priest of the mission served the areas that are now encompassed in Coos, Lane, and Douglas counties.
Archbishop Frances Blanchet purchased a block of property in Roseburg from Aaron Rose, the property was bounded by streets, Oak, Kane, Washington, and Chadwick.
The parish was finally established under the care of Fr. Alphonsus Glorieux.
The name of the parish was changed to its present name of St. Joseph.
The first frame structure was begun. Archbishop William Gross dedicated the new church late in that same year.
In the late 1940’s it was decided that the downtown Church site was no longer adequate for the growing needs of the parish. Under the supervision of Fr. Edmund Hyland, the current location was purchased. The parish decided to build the school first and use the gym for church services until funds could be raised for a new church.
The first Sunday Mass was held in the gym.
St. Joseph Parish celebrated its 100th birthday.
Fr. Eunan Buckley purchased additional property, and plans were made for the erection of a suitable Church.
The firm of Wolff and Zimmer were retained as architects. Seattle sculptor Richard Bryer was commissioned to do the artwork in the Church; he hand carved approximately 1500 bricks to form the Stations of the Cross. Each of the fourteen stations has up to 150 pounds of brick used in it.
Archbishop Edward Howard and Fr. Rodger Anderson broke ground for the new St. Joseph Church on April 17, 1966, and construction began on May 1, 1966, the Feast day of St. Joseph the Worker.
Easter Sunday Masses were the first services to be held in the new building.
The dedication was held on May 19, 1968, by Archbishop Robert Dwyer.
1968
1866
1867
1881
1887
1940
1955
1961
1962
1964
1966
1967
El Sr. Derwood Elliot, residente de Sutherlin desde hace mucho tiempo, recibió el honor de dar la primera piedra de la Iglesia Católica St. Francis Xavier en una ceremonia en el sitio de la Iglesia el 20 de agosto de 1956. Invitados de otras comunidades, junto con un gran grupo de católicos de Sutherlin, participaron en la ceremonia dirigida por el reverendo Edmund J. Murnane, pastor de la parroquia St. Mary's en Eugene y decano de esa área de la Arquidiócesis de Portland en Oregon.
La primera misa se celebró en Sutherlin, Oregón, el 8 de septiembre de 1957 a las 10:30 a. m. en el salón comunitario de Sutherlin. Asistieron unas 150 personas, cifra que aumentó a unas 200 el sábado siguiente. En ese momento, el padre JJ Linehan era el nuevo párroco de la parroquia St. John's en Drain, Oregón, de la que Sutherlin era una misión.
La primera misa se celebró el 17 de enero de 1960. La campana fue donada por la parroquia St. Joseph en Roseburg.
1960
1957
ENCUENTRA TU FE
Soy un párrafo. Haz clic aquí para agregar tu propio texto y editarme. Es fácil. Solo haz clic en "Editar texto" o haz doble clic en mí para agregar tu propio contenido y realizar cambios en la fuente. Soy un excelente lugar para que cuentes una historia y permitas que tus usuarios sepan un poco más sobre ti.



